Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Business Major Featured in Article on Internships

Wake Forest University recently posted an article with a series of snippets on undergraduates who are working internships this summer to find our their career passions. The article, "Married to Your Major?" was written by Samantha Radell and features Mary Grace Thomas, a business and enterprise management major at the university. We are including the section featuring Thomas below.

*****

Mary Grace Thomas
Photo from Wake Forest
Junior Mary Grace Thomas already has a firm grasp on where she wants to take her career. Thomas is currently working as an event planning intern at Esprit Productions, a Milwaukee, Wis.,-based company that plans conferences, trade shows and business events around the nation.

“As a Business and Enterprise Management major, I thought it would be difficult to break into the event-planning industry,” said Thomas. “Instead, I found that what really mattered was my genuine interest in the event-planning business.”

Her current position includes planning the sounds and lighting at conferences and promoting the events on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. Last month, she flew to Florida to oversee a conference she had helped plan for Siemens USA.

“In addition to learning about what goes into planning events, I have also gained important business knowledge from my internship at Espirit Productions,” Thomas said.  “Like my boss always says, it’s best to under promise so you always overachieve. That’s advice that I will hold with me throughout my career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment