Monday, November 1, 2010

Introducing New Grad Student Sentiment Index

Hello Graduate Business Students!

It is hard to believe that November is already here. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and the end of the fall semester soon after. The good news is that there is still a fair amount of time left before we reach the end of the fall semester. I encourage you to make effective use of your time to keep up with your deliverables and avoid that nasty end of semester crunch.
As a faculty member who teaches in the areas of Operations Management and Six Sigma, it will probably not surprise you to learn that one of the desires I bring to my new role is the pursuit of continuous improvement.

Along these lines, I cannot over emphasize the important role you play in helping us continuously improve our programs. Thus, I encourage you to share any suggestions or concerns you have with me, your program director, student affairs champion, and during town hall meetings. Furthermore, I encourage you to share any feedback you have with us at the earliest possible time as this best positions us take action on your suggestions.
To further enhance our continuous improvement efforts, I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Graduate Student Sentiment Index. This index will be similar to investor or consumer sentiment indexes you may be familiar with, but will focus on your satisfaction with your program. Every two weeks a random sample of students from each of our graduate business programs will receive an email message from me with a link to a web-based survey form asking for input on your level of satisfaction with your program.

The survey form will consist of a single question and therefore will take a minimal amount of time to complete. All input will be anonymous. I hope when you are selected, you will take advantage of the opportunity to provide your input. In future columns I will update you on the Graduate Student Sentiment Index.

Best wishes for the remainder of the fall semester.

~ Scott Shafer

No comments:

Post a Comment